Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recycling my artwork!

I designed this illustration for a paper products company some few years ago and it was quite successful on paper plates, napkins and the like. Just recently I realized I could rework it with some nice hand lettering into a tribute to Mother Nature and our local farmers so here I am adding the lettering to the basic central design. All my artwork is done by hand, mostly with watercolour paints as here, I do type out the lettering on the computer first but then I trace it and put it onto the necessary curve by hand and that gives me the ability to let the lettering have a human touch in slight inconsistencies here and there in the quality of the line.

Here is little Eleanor helping me paint....she is very good at constructive criticisms!!

The final design with the lettering added...I have to say I am quite pleased with the result!!

Here is the design applied to a fitted women's t-shirt......this one is organic...
...and a cute little baby's bodysuit, this one isn't organic but I do have organic one's at my Cafe Press store along with tote bags, greetings cards, lots of different t's for men and women and children and other various and sundry gift items...please do me the honour of taking a look by clicking here. Thanks so much!!!!

6 comments:

Helen Hiebert Studio said...

Patricia,

That is soooo lovely and inspirational. I'm now receiving your blog updates when I sign onto my blog :).

xoxo
Helen

Acornmoon said...

It looks great. Have you thought about making it into a Thanksgiving card?

What lovely chicks below, it's just like "Springwatch" here on the beeb.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous artwork! The baby onesie is adorable!

Deeba PAB said...

Just beautiful! How creative you are Patricia! Must have my daughter take a look into this...WOW!

Eli said...

Your artwork is delightful, Eleanor a great helper. It's always a joy to look at your blog! Eli

Bruce Craig said...

What beautiful artwork. I love the bright color palette you chose.