Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Green Hive Honey Farms Valentine's Special Edition packaging..."Honey BEE Mine"

 

Here is the finished product "Honey Bee Mine" how can you resist buying this for YOUR Honey for Valentine's Day? A jar of Green Hive Honey Farms Raw Honey with 4oz of delicious Honeycomb, a special label, a heart shaped tag, a cellophane bag, dried rosebuds, a sparkly ribbon and the inestimable addition of a handmade tissue paper
paeonia on the top?


 I started by designing a special label based off the original design I created a few months ago...of course it still had to be on a pastel pink background but this time we choose a round label because of the softness of the shape...no sharp corners here!

Next I created a heart shaped hang tag which is tied with a ribbon to the package - you can write your love note on the back...how sweet!

Above is one of the first try-outs which was greatly liked but not practical for packing or shipping and the label was just to get a feel for the direction 

My work surface covered in Valentine's accoutrements.....

My first two tissue paper paeonias - so easy to make - and some lovely dried rosebuds
from the Belfast Coop
 
and more paeonias...I need to make quite a lot but they are very satisfying and soothing to make... did I EVER mention how much I like pink?
 I couldn't resist sharing this picture....my favourite colour combination...YUM!!



4 comments:

Herb Westphalen Chef/Mixologist said...

Wonderful design Patricia!

The Starved Idiot said...

so lovely! really liked how you presented your work process too!

jennifer hazard said...

Love this idea, Patricia! I'm inspired to try it with the kids.

Regina said...

seriously, you are a rock star!