Sunday, June 5, 2011

Visions of a picture perfect day in Maine...ahhhhh!!!

We wait sooo long and work so hard for these pristine days in Maine and yea today finally we have one....Sunday June 5th 2011 is PERFECT and how lucky am I that I can walk out my front or back door and take these photographs of the glory that is today! 
I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do when I sit by the humming wood stove on a wild and wooly winter's day and dream of THIS day when the air is balmy, the birds are singing, the bees are buzzing, the butterflies are fluttering, the poppies are popping and I am in heaven. Ahhhhhh....

Pretty poppies all in a row...



The first iris of the season....

Hope it is as beautiful today where you are as it is here in Maine on Lemonade Day and if you're in Blighty enjoy your community street party lunches partially funded by lottery money!!

3 comments:

Lauren Hairston said...

Absolutely lovely! I'm terribly envious of Maine weather; it's 98 degrees here in Kansas!

Acornmoon said...

Greetings from dear Old Blighty, pretty chilly here today. Love those poppies!

Suzanne said...

Such lovely pictures!