Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Carrington Lane Bakery is open for Business!!

A few short weeks ago my friend Anne got in touch with me and asked me to design a logo for her for her new Etsy online shop "Carrington Lane Bakery" - I was so excited as I have been an ardent admirer of Anne's baked goods since the day I first tasted them about three years ago. Anne wanted a cosy, charming feel for her shop with a bit of European flair as she decided to skew the theme of the shop towards international delights - baked goods from countries near and far made in Maine with wholesome ingredients and as many local ones as possible - sounds just fine to me.
So I got started by creating three different quick sketches to establish a look and colour pallette:

Obviously, as evidenced by the top picture, Anne chose to go with the lower image but decided to go with a red gingham instead of the blue - bless her little cotton socks - she chose one and stuck to it and it was so easy for me to translate her wishes into my happy command, especially so as she plied me with samples of her goods and also baked up some Milanos for me to photograph and illustrate for the 'biscuit' on the saucer. Here is the banner and profile picture for Carrington Lane Bakery on Facebook:
Next I designed a banner for Anne's shop on Etsy:
 ...which co-ordinates and complements her Facebook banner - the Etsy banner is hard to do as it is so shallow and wide - quite the design challenge I'd say!!

 Here are pictures of the first three delicious International Delights Anne is offering from her newly opened store:
Cheerio! Caramelly, oaty Flapjacks from the UK

CIAO!! Delightful Milanos from Italy
Ooh la la - Espresso Hazelnut Macarons from France
As you can see on the cup in the logo I also created a monogram for CLB and I reworked this into a round label for Anne's packages thus:
Best of luck with Carrington Lane Bakery! Friends do visit the shop HERE!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Beautiful Patricia! You are so talented =))
...and the pastries look very tempting too! Please pass on my compliments...
x