Monday, April 27, 2009

Lilac scented daffodils, magnolias and rhubarb!

Doesn't this daff look like a pinwheel? I thought I had discovered a new form of daffodil but after doing some research online I found out this is an old-fashioned daffodowndilly (the olde englishe name) and I am disappointed to find that I shan't be having a daffodil named after me after all! What is truly wonderful about this particular daff is that it smells very much like a lilac...it's really lovely!!
Another pic of the daff with one of it's 'ordinary' friends!
...and look at this....a Magnolia blossom...too beautiful to believe...and this smells fabulous too!!
...and the rhubarb is beginning, I LOVE rhubarb and am already planning what I shall make for the blog with this tart and delightful vegetable!! Rhubarb lemonade, rhubarb sorbet, rhubarb and custard, rhubarb crumble...rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb. Yum, yum, yum!!!

1 comment:

Dr Buchanan said...

The flowers are perfect