Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My New Year's UN-resolution resolution.


Who on earth do I think I am kidding when I resolve to work in a neat and organized space? Surely, I don't believe it myself...I have been working in disorganized, unkempt, overloaded, messy, paint spattered mayhem for the past, let's-not-say-how-many years. This year I am forgiving myself this slovenliness and allowing myself to indulge in a practice I obviously feel comfortable with and which also appears to be the sign of an active mind and quite possibly is the domain of genius...or so I heard on NPR radio recently...or was it on TV?......anyways above are two pictures of the glorious mess I am indulging in right now...and this is relatively mild compared to how high the piles can get and how much 'stuff' I can squeeze into the smallest amount of space. If you too work this way give yourself a well earned break and revel in your lack of organization...don't forget it is a sign of brilliance!!! By the way...my kitchen looks as bad when I cook but I haven't had the nerve to photograph that and let the world see.....quite yet!
Go ahead un-reslove yourself in 2009!

4 comments:

Acornmoon said...

your mess looks a lot more colouful and creative than my mess, my mess just looks like mess!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

A gasp of recognition!! My work table looks just the same...right down to the little pots of colour in a plastic oblong box!!

Rebecca said...

I feel so much better seeing that I am quite messy when drawing...I have drawing paper and pencils all over the place and would be lost if I actually got organized.

Thank you for posting on AnTEAquity! You have a lovely blog here. I can see I could linger quite for a while:-)...

I see that Tess of the D'ubervilles in one of your favorites. I blogged about the PBS airing last week....

Nic said...

At least you are working on some interesting projects there Patricia!
Looks fascinating.